- Princeton ISD
Return to Headlines
Onion Festival set April 27 at PHS
Organizers of this year's 15th annual spring Onion Festival are looking for arts, crafts and food vendors for the Princeton Lions Club event scheduled for Saturday, April 27, at Princeton High School.
Proceeds from the all-day community festival benefit several programs sponsored by the Lions Club in conjunction with PISD, including glasses for economically disadvantaged students and the Angel Tree program that provides toys, food and clothing to families in need at Christmas.
Visit the Princeton Onion Festival website for more information at www.princetonisd.net/Page/8059.
Several activities will be featured at the all-day festival, including the popular craft show, fun run, car show, raffle, silent auction, cornhole, basketball, futsal and tennis tournaments, mini train and pony rides, food and games.
The 5K run/walk kicks off the event with check-in at 8 a.m. for the runners and walkers. Cost is $20. For registration forms and route information, click here. In addition, the Onion Festival will feature a 1-mile fun run for kids. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. and the run starts at 8:45 a.m. Click here for registration form.
For contact information and overall details for the 2019 Onion Festival, click here to access the event flyer.
Two new fun-filled competitions have been added this year, including the cornhole tournament starting at 10 a.m. Cost to participate is $10. Click here for cornhole registration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The other is the futsal tournament hosted by the PHS soccer program. Click here for the futsal registration. Email email@example.com for more information.
3-on-3 basketball tournament begins at 10 a.m. with registration at 9. Cost to participate is $10. Click here for details.
Check-in for the car show is 9 a.m. at Princeton High School. Click here for car show details and registration. The car show will feature 20 classes, awards will be presented at 2 p.m. Cost is $20 to register.
The deadline to sign up for the tennis tournament is Friday, April 26, with games set between 1-4 p.m. on Saturday. Cost to participate is $10-$20. Click here for details.
Vendor booth space is available for arts and crafts. Deadline to reserve space is Friday, April 19. Click here for vendor information.
Live music will be featured throughout the day on the main stage. The Smith Elementary 1st-grade music classes will kick off entertainment at 9:45 a.m. See main stage schedule:
- Smith Elementary at 9:45
- Godwin Elementary at 10:15
- Lacy Elementary at 10:45
- Harper Elementary at 11:15 a.m.
- PHS choir at 11:45 a.m.
- Harper Hip Hop Crew at 1:15 p.m.
- Cre8tion Dance Crew at 1:30 p.m.
- PHS jazz band at 2 p.m.
The following organizers/volunteers can answer specific questions regarding:
- 5K, Amy Ivy, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 469.952.5400, ext. 3501;
- Kids fun run, Jona Boitmann, email@example.com, or 469.952.5400;
- Car show, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 3-on-3 basketball tourney, Matt Riggins, email@example.com, or 469.952.5400;
- Raffle of Apple Watch, Donald McIntyre, firstname.lastname@example.org, 469-952-5400, ext. 3506;
- Cornhole tournament, Donald McIntyre, email@example.com, 469-952-5400, ext. 3506;
- Futsal tournament, Kent Ackmann, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Auction, Jona Boitmann, email@example.com, 469.952.5400, ext. 3501, or see any Lions Club member to donate;
- Craft show, Rene Mullins, 469.952.5400, ext. 3535;
- Tennis tournament, Brian Cottongame, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 469.952.5400.