About Princeton ISD
The Princeton Independent School District is a rural school system covering 60 square miles, serving not only the city of Princeton, but also the surrounding communities of Culleoka, Lowry Crossing, Branch, Climax and the west side of Lake Lavon. People here enjoy the best of both worlds: country living within an hour's drive of all the benefits of the Metroplex.
A school system that believes in the traditional emphasis on the basics of math, reading and language arts, Princeton ISD also puts proper student behavior and citizenship high on the priority list.
Our Mission StatementThe mission of Princeton Independent School District is to inspire and enable each student to achieve his or her full potential.2020 - 2021 District Goals
Provide child-centered campuses that encourage all students to experience success
Improve student performance in early childhood literacy and math
Improve college, career and military readiness
Teach students financial literacy in economics
Continue to investigate ways to promote physical, mental and emotional health
Ensure full continuum of services for all student programs
- Audit programs to ensure level of service starting with Special Education, RTI and 504.
- Includes Special Education 504, GT, CATE, bilingual, AP, extracurricular, etc.
- Investigate work-training facility for transition students
Recruit, challenge, develop and retain qualified and productive staff that is supportive in all areas
- Continue to provide competitive compensation packages
- Investigate ways to relieve stress among staff
- Continue bonding activities (bowling, Top Golf, etc.)
Develop teacher incentive pay program
Continue offering developmental academies
Foster community involvement
- Encourage school visibility at community events
- Mayor’s Youth Council
- Ministerial Alliance leadership
- Improve community awareness of school activities
- Such as team schedules, posters, fliers
- Billboard on CATE and College Jump Start
- Provide information “How to be a Panther” (involvement opportunities)
- Merge new and existing Princeton
- Community use of facilities
Provide for the growth and ever-changing demographics of Princeton ISD