Skip To Main Content

Pre-K Information

Pre-K Roundup

Princeton ISD offers a full day Pre-Kindergarten program at Canup Early Childhood Center. This is free for qualifying students. The focus of the Pre-Kindergarten program is to develop oral language, prerequisite skills for emergent readers and early math concepts, and to build readiness skills for successful entry into kindergarten.

Pre-K Roundup Date
Summer 2024

9 am - 3 pm

Canup Early Childhood Center | 301 N 5th St., Princeton, TX 75407

Incoming Pre-K students must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1.  

Pre-K Enrollment Qualifications

Your child may qualify if you meet at least ONE of the qualifying criteria:

  • Total/Combined family income (BEFORE TAXES) falls within the state guidelines for free/reduced price meals.
  • A child is a non-English or limited English (NOT fluent) speaker. Please know that if your child is fluent in English, your family will need to qualify based on your income, even if another language is spoken at home.
  • Family is homeless
  • Child is/was in foster care in the state of Texas (form #2085 from DFPS required)
  • is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority.
  • is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
  • Parent/guardian is eligible for the Star of Texas Award as peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code or emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code. Please know that a letter of recognition/award is required.

If you still have questions about qualifying, please call the Canup Early Childhood Center office at 469-952-5416, or email us at

Documents needed to register:

  • Child’s Birth Certificate
  • Child’s Social Security Card
  • Proof of Residency: this must be a current electricity bill or water bill stating your name and the physical address of the home (we cannot accept P.O. Boxes). Residency must be established prior to registration. If you do not have a current electric or water bill, you may establish residency by using your closing documents from your new home or a signed lease agreement showing current dates.
  • Child's up-to-date immunization record. If your child is already 4 years old, the 4-year-old shots MUST be listed on his/her record.
  • Withdrawal documentation from previous school district (when applicable)
  • Custody, Guardianship or Foster Care complete paperwork with signatures (when applicable)
  • Proof of Income: Current paychecks for the last two months, for ALL the adults in the household. If you receive SNAP (food stamps) benefits, please bring the documentation that shows your EDG number (we do not need the case number, which is different. If you are receiving unemployment, please bring documentation that shows your name and date of your benefits. If you are a veteran that receives disability, please bring documentation that shows your benefits. If you are an active military service, please bring documentation that proves so.

All families must have proof of income regardless of meeting other qualifying requirements, as we are a state program and are required to collect this data.

If you have specific questions or need additional help, please contact your campus registrar.