Please read over the items listed below to better acquaint yourself with our program.
· All students coming to school by bus, daycare van, car, or those walking should arrive on time daily. Pre-K students will join their teacher and class in the cafeteria each morning beginning at 8:00 a.m. Older siblings (K-5) will go to the cafeteria for breakfast or the gym if they are not eating (as usual). Pre-K will begin breakfast at approximately 8:05 a.m. If your child will be eating breakfast at school, he/she must arrive no later than 8:25 a.m. Hall monitors will be available to help direct students to the cafeteria. Pre-K will exit the cafeteria at 8:30 a.m. to begin the academic school day. Students not arriving in the cafeteria by 8:30 a.m. will be marked tardy.
· Breakfast/Lunch- For the 2019-2020 school year, the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) has received a waiver regarding Pre-K and the National Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program. All students enrolled in state-funded Pre-K will be eligible for free meals.
· Red Take Home Folder- Your child will be bringing home a folder daily. It is your child’s homework to ensure their folder is returned to school each day. Important notes from me and the school will be sent home in this folder, therefore it is very important that you check and clean out your child’s folder daily.
· Report Cards- Your child will be assessed on skills learned during each six weeks of school. You will be able to access your child's report card on the parent portal. If you did not sign up for parent portal access then you will receive a paper report card.
· Absences- When your child is absent please send a note with your child’s name, my name, the date, and the reason he/she was absent. If your child visited the doctor, please be sure to send a note from the doctor’s office. I will turn these notes in to the office daily.
· PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW your child to bring toys, candy, gum, jewelry (unless they are wearing it), or make-up to school. These items distract from the learning environment and are not allowed at school.
· Labels- Be sure your child’s name is on ALL clothing that can be taken off (coats, gloves, hats, etc). Please label all personal items as well (backpacks, lunchboxes, etc).
· Personal Information- Please notify the school of any changes of address or phone numbers.
· Dismissal- If your child is to go home a different way, please notify the office before 2:45 p.m.
· Behavior- We use ClassDojo for behavior management. ClassDojo is an online behavior management system intended to highlight each students behavioral strengths while also informing you as the parent of areas that need additional growth. You will receive an invitation to join our ClassDojo group the first week of school.What a great year it is going to be! Remember to give your child a hug each morning and evening for his/her hard work each day at school! If you have any questions or concerns this year, please call or email me.