Long-Range Planning Committee
The Long-Range Planning Committee consists of 50 community members representing all geographical, ethnic and socio-economic segments of the community.
Pursuant to the request from the Princeton ISD Board of Trustees, the committee met on five separate occasions with Superintendent Donald McIntyre to:
- Review and edit current Long-Range Facility Plan
- Tour and audit current facility capacities
- Conduct facility needs assessment
- Review demographic study
- Place facility needs on a timeline per demographic study
- Determine cost projections for projects
- Review financial implications of projects
- Recommend future construction and financing options
- Recommend elementary and middle school attendance zones
- Recommend names for facilities
The committee presented its final recommendation to the board at the Jan. 26, 2023 meeting.
Princeton ISD has utilized the same Long-Range Planning process since 2001. During this time, the district has quadrupled in size from 2,000 to 8,000 students. The Long-Range Facility Plan was developed, and continues to be modified, to best meet the needs of our students in a structured and cost-effective manner.
During this time, the district has convened seven different committees to review and revise this plan.